Monday, August 2, 2010

i heart succulents

Something that I hope to acquire someday is my mother's green thumb. She reminds me of the pie-maker in Pushing Daisies who magically brings dying plants to life and even makes them thrive.  One of her (and my) favorite plants is the adorable succulent...she grows huge planters of them, while I admire from afar (for now). Here are some photos I came across while browsing wedding planner and home blogs...a past-time I never get tired of. I love the plump rosette forms (particularly the 'Echeveria' variety) and the subdued color palettes...perfect for summer weddings. On top of everything, they can be a green alternative to cut flowers since they are potted and will last for a very long time! They look beautiful used alone:























{images via Living Arrangments)




































{images via yes, please}




































(images via Succulent Love}

.....or they can be mixed in with other florals for a luscious effect....
























{images via erinheartscourt}


























{image credit unknown...my apologies- I found this before I started keeping track!}





























{image credit unknown...my apologies- I found this before I started keeping track!}





















{images from Kuga Designs and Martha Stewart}

No comments:

Post a Comment