Friday, September 10, 2010

Introducing the Études Collection...

I'm very excited to announce a new era for Poési with cast pieces!  Although all of our designs begin with ideas put onto paper through many many sketches, now there is a sculptural aspect where I create my designs in three-dimensional wax (the blue below) and then cast it in metal. Here is a little peek at the process for a custom 14k necklace designed for a new mother (the peridot is the birthstone of the baby and the branch symbolizes the beginning of their family tree... we'll be adding on more gems as their family grows.  This design will be named after them and is christened the Dean Twig Necklace.










This new process means that so many of my sketched ideas can now become a reality - a thrill for me! Here is one concept that lived only as a drawing for years...and now is finally a beautiful reality as the Raphaëlle Branch Necklace. It is one of my favorite names...ever since I was introduced to a girl named Raphaëlle in France while studying abroad.  This piece is my pièce de résistance thus far, and it just felt right to call it a name that references the great Raphael, renown for the perfection and grace of his work. )



































These will be a part of a new collection that will be called the Études Collection, which is based on studies of natural forms that inspire me with their simple beauty. I hope you enjoy these pieces as much as I love creating them!

bises,
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment