Friday, October 1, 2010

Revamped website! (Behind the scenes)

Hi there, I'm so thrilled to announce the official GRAND OPENING of our newly revamped (and e-commerced) website: www.ilovepoesi.com! It took much effort, especially on the part of our resident graphic designer, Carol, but it is finally ready for it's launch!  To celebrate, we're offering 25% off all orders placed during our first week :)

Although it was hard work, I also had so much fun planning the look and feel of everything... especially the splash page. It will be my virtual storefront, where I will be designing and changing out the display windows seasonally and also where I make any announcements.  Sketching the building exterior took me back to my former life as an architect for a moment-feeling like I was back in Paris on a sketch assignment.


My favorite part, however, was playing around with the interior element: what the future brick-and-mortar boutique could look like someday... and since this part did not make it onto the website (except as a line drawing), I thought it would be nice to show it here...

























Who knows how my vision will evolve, but as of now, that is my little dream shop :)

bises,
Julie

2 comments: